Total Movements Transport Solid Stainless Steel Recondenser Around India – Gallery
Total Movements successfully delivered a Super OD Solid Stainless Steel Recondenser, weighing 120t and diameter more than 7m, for the new Odisha LNG Regasification Terminal on the East Coast of India.
It was quite a complex movement that involved multiple legs as follows:
- Road Transportation from the factory to nearby Jetty
- Barge Transportation from Jetty to Nearest Major Seaport on the West Coast of India.
- Sea Transportation by Heavy Lift vessel from load port to discharge port on the east coast of India.
- Road Transportation from Discharge port to site.
Major challenges encountered were:
- Mobilization of so many equipments to fulfill each leg.
- Synchronization of multiple transportation legs.
- Getting a suitable coastal tonnage in time for breakbulk shipping.
- Lack of prior track record of Handling Heavy Lift cargo at Discharge port.
Total Movements are happy to have delivered this cargo safely. A big shout out to all the stakeholders involved who played a key role to make this operation a grand success.
Moving Cargo with Passion!
Source The Heavy Lift Group / Total Movements