The Faymonville Wind Tower Adapter for Self-Steering Trailers
The components of wind power plants demand different transport solutions, depending on the route.
The wind tower adapter with free-turning device, mounted on a 4+7 self-steering trailer, fills the last gap in the Faymonville range.
Such an imposing combination is used when tower segments up to a payload of 100t must be transported on winding roads.
Complex projects simply mastered:
- Designed for 6×4 and 8×4 or 8×4 and 10×4 tractor units
- Air-suspended 4-axle dolly with 17.5″ or 22.5″ tyres
- Connection to the tower segments in 3-point or 4-point clamps without additional frame
- For inside diameters from 2,550 to 5,400 millimetres
- Extension to 6,300 millimetre diameter available
- Vertical stroke of 1,800 millimetres
Maximum operating safety is the priority:
- Vehicle width of 2,750 millimetres
- 7-axle self-steering trailer with hydraulic suspension
- Four steering cylinders each for the front and rear steering
- Tower support with hydraulic and mechanical safety systems
- Users in the secure work area at all times thanks to standard remote controls
With extendable low loaders, versatile lowbed semi-trailer variants, XXL flatbed trailers as well as heavy load modules and self-propelled vehicles from the Faymonville Group, all components of a wind farm are moved efficiently in terms of time and costs.
The range is supplemented by special equipment such as the blade lifter for the transport of wind turbine blades „over the last mile“ or powerful tower adapters.“We are the only supplier on the market with a hydraulic suspension. This principle is used to raise or lower the self-steering trailer on one side, thereby increasing the stability of the convoy considerably in critical passages”, says Rainer Noe, describing the technology employed.