This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data we receive from users of the site. Heavy Lift news respects the privacy of all users of our website and ensures that the personal information you give us will be treated confidentially. We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data. Heavy Lift News complies in all cases with applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation.
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. If you want to subscribe for the newsletter(s), or want to send in news, we will need you name and email address. We also ask for which company you work and what your job title is. This information can be used for research purposes. We process your personal data in accordance with the purpose of which they were provided. We keep you personal data only for the minimum time that is required for the purpose.
We are aware of your rights regarding your personal data and respect them. You have:
- The right to access or erasure the information we have about you;
- the right of rectification, which means you have the right to rectify your personal data;
- in some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- the right to data portability, which means you have the right to be provided with a copy of your personal data in a structures format;
- the right to object to the collecting of your personal data;
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. When data is automatically processed, your are entitled to a reasonable view of that decision.
General Terms and Conditions )
Article 1. Definitions
▪ Client: the natural person or legal person who uses the services of HLN;
▪ HLN: Blue Green Feather (Heavy Lift News);
▪ Advertisement: any content that the Client wishes to place in an Advertising Space offered by HLN;
▪ Advertising Space: the free and available space for Advertisements offered by HLN;
▪ Advertising Agreement: a written agreement between HLN and the Client with regard to the placement of one or more Advertisements;
▪ Conditions: General Terms and Conditions Blue Green Feather (Heavy Lift News).
Article 2. Applicability
2.1 These Conditions apply to all offers and quotations made by HLN as well as all agreements that HLN has concluded with the Client with regard to the provision of services by HLN.
2.2 Insofar parties have not expressly determined otherwise by written agreement, all provisions of the Conditions are fully and unconditionally effective between the parties.
2.3 If any provision of the Conditions becomes null or annulled, the other provisions of the Conditions will remain in full force and effect. In the event of a conflict between the provisions of the Advertising Agreement agreed upon between the Client and HLN and the Conditions, the provisions in the Advertising Agreement will prevail.
2.4 In the event of contradictions between the Dutch text and translations of the Conditions, the Dutch text will always prevail.
Article 3. Advertising Agreement
3.1 HLN’s quotation will be entirely without commitment and is valid during thirty (30) calendar days, unless explicitly agreed otherwise.
3.2 The Advertising Agreement is established by the acceptance of HLN’s quotation by the Client.
Article 4. Advertisement
4.1 The Client delivers the content for the Advertisement to HLN no later than fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the start of the agreed placement date.
4.2 HLN reserves the right to refuse placement of the Advertisement if, in HLN’s opinion, the method of delivery or the content is deemed inappropriate. HLN will inform the Client hereof in a timely manner. In that case, the Client will be given the opportunity to adjust the Advertisement within seven (7) calendar days of HLN’s notification.
4.3 HLN reserves the right to remove the Advertisement during the placement period if the content is deemed unsuitable in HLN’s opinion. In that case HLN shall inform the Client thereof without delay.
4.4 The Advertising Agreement ends by operation of law following the agreed period of duration.
Article 5. Placement
5.1 In the Advertising Agreement, HLN commits itself to the timely placement of the Advertisement.
Article 6. Price
6.1 The price agreed in the Advertising Agreement is fixed for the duration of the Advertising Agreement. The price is exclusive of VAT.
Article 7. Payment
7.1 The Client shall pay the full invoice from HLN into a bank account to be designated by HLN within fourteen (14) calendar days of the date, but no later than before the start of the placement date.
7.2 HLN shall not post the Advertisement until the full payment has been received by HLN.
7.3 In the event of late payment of the invoice, HLN will be entitled to charge the Client the statutory (commercial) interest. All actual costs incurred by HLN to obtain payment, both judicial and extrajudicial costs, are for the account of the Client.
Article 8. Force majeure
8.1 HLN will at all times be entitled to suspend compliance with its obligations under the Advertising Agreement in the case of force majeure on the part of HLN. In the case of force majeure, HLN shall not be obliged to pay any compensation.
Article 9. Failure
9.1 If HLN is prevented from fulfilling its obligations due to a failure of at least twenty-four (24) consecutive hours, the following applies:
▪ During the first twenty-four (24) hours, the Client will not be entitled to any compensation.
▪ For the period after twenty-four (24) hours, the Client will be compensated at HLN’s discretion by:
▪ extension of the Advertisement at the end of the placement period in proportion to the duration of the failure;
▪ pro rata repayment of the agreed price.
Article 10. Liability
10.1 HLN will not be liable to the Client for any damage of any nature whatsoever, except in the case of serious negligence on the part of HLN.
10.2 HLN will in no way be responsible for the content of the Advertisement. The Client shall indemnify HLN against all third-party claims arising from the Advertising Agreement
and placement of the Advertisement.
10.3 HLN gives no guarantees for the extent to which the Advertisement is successful, nor for the extent to which the intended audience is actually reached.
10.4 Notwithstanding that which is stated in the preceding paragraphs, any damage to be compensated by HLN will be limited to the price agreed in the Advertising Agreement.
10.5 The Client guarantees that the Advertisement does not infringe any intellectual property rights of third parties. The Client shall indemnify HLN against all third-party claims in this regard.
Article 11. Termination
11.1 HLN reserves the right to terminate the Advertising Agreement immediately without stating reasons. The period from the moment of termination to the end date, which is agreed between HLN and the Client in the Advertising Agreement, will be proportionally compensated by HLN.
Article 12. Applicable legislation
12.1 Dutch law applies to the Advertising Agreement. Any disputes between HLN and the Client will be submitted to the Rotterdam District Court.