Port of Rostock to Expand Intermodal Network in 2021
From January 2021, a new intermodal connection between Bettembourg in Luxembourg and Trelleborg in Sweden will be offered from Rostock.
The offer, which is open to all customers, connects the corridor of Western Europe with Scandinavia. The sustainable transport solution from rail and ship with reduced CO² consumption will not only be able to take cranable units but also non-craneable semi-trailers.
The combined rail and ferry solution will operate 3 round trips/week:
- From Trelleborg:
- Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- From Bettembourg:
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Trailer or container up to 44 ton (P/C 70/400)
- One stop shop for booking and invoice
- A dedicated and experienced team
- Benfit from combining Eskilstuna, Sweden with Le Boulou, France
The combination of ships, lorries and trains is an environmentally-friendly transport solution, and also a cost-effective transport mode with huge capacity and flexibility.
This intermodal service connects Sweden with Rostock to Bettembourg, where connections to France and Spain are more intermodal services possible.
Source Port of Rostock and Stena Line Freight