Fagioli’s Marshalling Yard Activities in Vlissingen for the Calvados Offshore Wind Farm – Video
Earlier this year Fagioli S.p.A. was awarded the contract by Saipem to provide marshalling yard services in the Netherlands for the 480 MW Calvados offshore wind farm on the Normandy coast in Northern France.
So far the following tasks in the project have been completed…
Engineering, design and study of several items, including but not limited to:
- heavy haulage and lifting activities,
- steel transportation frames,
- storages solutions as TP supports and MP gravel dunes.
Civil works execution for the marshalling yard preparation, including:
- constructions of several sets of gravel dunes for Monopiles storage
- more than 1,400 concrete blocks for Transition Pieces storage;
- management of 19 client vessels portual operations ;
- Stevedoring and Sea-fastening welding/cutting/hydraulics torquing activities management;
- 64 Monopiles and 64 Transition Pieces offloading,
- including cranes single/tandem-lift activities, items relocation, transport and storage.
Main equipment used by Fagioli includes the following:
- 2 Lattice Boom Crawler Cranes – Liebherr LR11350 (1,350ton) and Terex-Demag CC6800 (1,250ton);
- >100 Fagioli SPMT axle lines for cranes super-lifts movements and items handling;
- Fagioli MP Transportation Saddles and TP Handler systems.
In 2024 Fagioli will be involved in the items loading operations back onto the vessels, in connection with their client’s offshore installation campaign.