EGL Transports Transformers for Madkour Group
Last year Egyptian Global Logistics, EGL, was asked by Madkour, the Egyptian energy engineering company, to transport two 145t transformers from the 10th of Ramadan Transformers Factory to the SARAI Badr Substations .
Scope of work:
- EGL made route and site survey before executions
- Loading Transformers from 10th of Ramadan Transformers Factory
- In-Land Transportations to job site
- Managed to get all necessary road permits from utilities
- Jacking and skidding transformers to foundations
The transport started on 24 November after planning was completed.
List of Equipment’s used:
- Two Hydraulic Modular trailers (16axles/Each)
- Enerpac Jacking & Skidding system (Hydraulic & Pushing Jacks, steel & support beams, Rollers & wooden blocks)
- Manpower 15 employee (Supervisor, Engineering, SHE-Q, Operators, Drivers and Riggers)
- Loading transformers wasn’t easy due narrow space in transformers factory
- Jacking operations carefully carried out as the factory was full of spare parts and other transformers
- Specially arrangement’s with factory’s production line
- Site entrance not easy due many H.V cables 500KV and 220KV
- Foundations access curved and sloped (25 degree)
- Executions area width 6meter only between control room and transformers foundations
The transport project was successfully completed on 1 December.
Source Egyptian Global Logistics