2 x ESTA Awards for Sarens
At the ESTA awards evening held in Munich on 26th April, 2018, Sarens is proud to have received two of the esteemed awards of the year. Sarens Maasvlakte 2 Terminal Project in Rotterdam won in the “Combined Techniques” category and Zwolle ship in the “Cranes, telescopic, lifting capacity more than 120 tonnes” category.
Sarens was awarded for its intelligent solutions, out of the box thinking, and continuous improvements and contributions towards the heavy lifting and specialized transport sector.
As part of the Maasvlakte 2 Terminal Project in Rotterdam, Sarens developed a unique tool for transport of transition pieces (TPs), the TP Handler. The TP Handler:
- Saves a lot of space compared to traditional storage by means of crawler crane.
- Lifts by the standard TP lifting lugs and the client doesn’t need to change anything in the original TP design.
- Has the spreader system with swivel to adapt according to the lifting lugs position.
- Has achieved multiple projects with zero accidents.
As part of the Zwolle Ship project, Sarens undertook the challenging tasks:
- The 55 meter long 244 tonnes ship was lifted by a trio of cranes.
- Extreme lack of space for the three cranes on a narrow quay.
- Lack of available height inside the building posed a challenge but the project was safely executed.
Sarens is very happy to receive the awards. CEO, Wim Sarens says, “Sarens is proud to receive the two prestigious awards at ESTA this year – “Combined Techniques” and “Cranes, telescopic, lifting capacity more than 120 tonnes” categories. We would like to thank the jury and the industry for acknowledging our intelligent solutions, out of the box thinking, and continuous improvements and contributions towards the heavy lifting and specialized transport sector.”